Wednesday 18 May 2011

Happiness project

The grieving and painful stage has continued, and I've also been feeling angry.  It's made me distracted and I've been eating lots of chocolate & cakes.  Last wek I nearly had to pay a £50 parking fee & also got on the wrong train with the risk of paying the full fare.  Luckily in both cases the officials showed a human side  & let me off.  What upset me wasn't so much the thought of the cost but my incompetence at getting into those situations.  Anyway, after a difficult week,  I saw Leon who came to fetch his bike, and I had a cathartic sob.  Now I feel much calmer, and am looking forward to a holiday with friends.  But I'm still searching for answers, and ways to feel better so I was googling loss, loneliness, happiness and came across the happiness project which is interesting.

One strategy I'm using is to try to make some plans.  So I would like to go to the Chelsea Flower show next year, and to Scotland,   and maybe the year after to Costa Rica for some superb bird watching.  I will try to cook a new recipe each month from my cookery books & blog a photo of it.  And maybe I should think about changes to the garden & some redecorating.

All good things to look forward to.  well, not the decorating...

No comments: