Saturday 18 June 2011

What's real life?

Last time I was on holiday, it struck me that when I went back to work, that the 'real world' is life outside of work.  Our culture seems to view the workplace with a reverence that suggests it's more important than life outside.  Maybe this is a product of patriarchy whereby male activities are more valuable than female.

I like work, I like to achieve things, but  I like my life outside of work more.  The ideal would be a job with birds or something else that feels like reality to me.  I value education greatly, and am proud to work in support of that, but there are so many structures that have built up primarily to make people important.  Hmm.  Better stop now, 3 homemade cocktails probably making me ramble (Moscow Mule, Basil Gimlet & Pimms & ginger)

No comments: