Sunday 17 April 2011

Spring fever

Being off work can do wonders for my state of mind.  I've got over 2 weeks away from work, thanks to the bank holidays, 4 day week & a few days' leave.  Yesterday was spent in a very leisurely way, ending up with a lovely meal at Frank's Bar in Norwich.  Today was sunny, went to conservation on the marshes.  It was incredibly hot in the sunshine & by the fires that we burn to dispose of the scrub.  Then had a large Sunday lunch with friends, followed by a drink by the river.  Came home, made a banana cake & chocolate torte.  Andnow feel good and very very relaxed.

Thought this article was good about the current aim to make people happy.   And the fact that markets & much of the Tory ideology makes people unhappier.  I especially like the idea that we should have Action for Things to be Basically OK.  I've tried some of the self-help techniques, and the affirmation stuff didn't really work for me.  And I'm uncomfortable with the idea that anyone can achieve anything if they put their mind to it. I think that getting through life causing the least harm to the environment and others should be our aim.

No comments: